Teaching Teams - Literacy
Orrets Meadow Specialist Teaching Team Literacy
There are, at present,9 teachers within the OMS Outreach Literacy Team. This team supports the learning of children with literacy difficulties / Spld on an individual basis in Mainstream schools. Assessments are completed and are used to create baseline information on which to set individual targets and form the basis of teaching programmes. Currently 35 schools buy into the OMS Literacy Service. Please refer to list of schools below.
The Birkenhead School
Higher Bebington Primary
Our Lady of Pity
Oxton St. Saviour's
St. Andrew's Bebington
St. John's Juniors
St Joseph's Birkenhead
Strategies will include; multi-sensory activities, structured phonic teaching, games, lots of revision and over-learning as well as reinforcement work for home study.
Our services include:
- Individual teaching in literacy and numeracy.
- Mentoring of teaching assistants.
- support for SENCos.
- Inset on a variety of aspects of SEN. e.g. dyslexia friendy strategies, dyscalculia, spelling, reading, multi-sensory strategies.
Average pupil progress data collected for the past academic year indicate the following:
- 87% of pupils made one year or more of progress in their Reading Age.
- Average improvement in Reading Age was 2 years and 1 month.
- Average improvement in Spelling Age is 14 months.
This is a traded service. For further details about Orrets Meadow Outreach Specialist Services
ANN ELLIOTT Head of Outreach
Orrets Meadow School.
Telephone 0151 678 8070